is there a consensus on too short speaker cables?

I normally use 6 ft cables - which are in abundance used. 8 ft seems to be more common. I'm going to get new cables and intend to go with 5 foot length - since this is as long as I need. My only reservation is given the fact that selling them is inevitable next time I upgrade - would 5 ft be less saleable than 6 ft? Is this nit-picking?
bdgregory

Showing 3 responses by rodman99999

Like Shadorne said, a consensus will be hard to find. BUT: There are a lot of us out here that are using monoblocks, placed as close as possible to the speakers. As long as the cables are a popular brand/series: You've sell them. I just listed a pair of my old Audioquest bedrocks(6 ft long, from my bedroom) for $75.00 on eBay, and have a bid from someone in Poland already.
Thanks for that wondeful insight Mr P. I just got back from AutoZone where I purchased two pair of jumper cables. Based on your empirical data and profound wisdom: They should really perform great, and add a macho touch to the system as well. Now- How to get these clamps onto those 5 way........
I was kidding(about everything)! The Skin Effect(time/phase anomolies) generated by using cable that large(without it being constructed of "Litz" type wire) would be unbearable. Then of course: It would need to be braided to avoid inner and outer proximity effects being generated within the cable. OH- I forgot: In your universe the laws of magnetism, electrical currents and electron flow have been suspended. (ROTF/LMAO) VIVA LA Kimber 8TC(bottom)/Wireworld Eclipse 5(top-both short as possible)