Is there a better amp than this...

Aerial 10T's, Citation 7.1, a 4 channel 150 x 4 @8 ohm, or 210 x 4 @4 ohm loads. High current amp, this workhorse kicks the Aerial 10T's into gear. Now, what makes this amp, IMHO, the best amp for the dollar is because it is 4 channel and allows a pair of speakers to be BIAMPED! This is a Madrigal product and the sound is VERY warm, much more musical than I ever gave it credit for. Granted, the 10T's aren't bad on their own, preamp is a Theta Casablanca, the source is the EAD TheaterVision (sorry CD owners, I know..)
with Tara labs all around. The amp at one point listed at $2,800, but was being sold on UBID for somewhere in the $1,000 range. Now, those "B" stock items are being sold for $1,095 elsewhere, but the real deal is a preowned "A" stock, roughly $850!

The challenge:

Can anyone identify a better valued amp that can push low impedance speakers at very loud levels with midrange warmth as well as bottom end slam for roughly $850?

Thanks, and look forward to your responses!

Dan
Ag insider logo xs@2xporschecab
No personal experience, but at that price I'd probably look at the Muse 160 used. -Kirk
You could try a pair of Meitner MTR 101s, used they run $800-1,000, depending on their vintage.
Odyssey Stratos new at $1000 plus a 20 year warranty. Never heard the Citation nor the Stratos, but if the multitude of reviews on the Stratos are even close to being accurate, there probably is not an amp that can compare value-wise and power-wise to the Stratos at less than $3k or $4k.