Is Paypal safe?

I can't access to the Paypal site all day today, and some one have just deposited some money into my Paypal account yesterday. Is it safe to use these type of services? and will there be any protection for the members if the services close down some day?
dtsag

Showing 5 responses by angela100

I just wouldn't leave my $ in there too long. Have them transfer it to your bank account. It takes 3-4 days.
If you manage the transactions responsibly, as we should, PayPal is merely a very convienent way to pay quickly. As in any deals, make sure that you know who you are dealing with and hope for the best and PayPal should be fine. There are no guarantees and we take a chance every time we send $ out there, no matter how we send it.
May I make a suggestion? If anyone has questions or needs help regarding PayPal, that they take it offline by email or phone with the rep from PayPal. You can just click on the name and begin an email discussion offline. Just a suggestion.
Hey, I wasn't implying anybody or anything.
General discussions about issues people are having is one thing, but going through a 1:1 discussion with a PayPal rep is another. I just thought that any personal detail about situations could be worked out; outside of these public forums.

We have had problems with PayPal as well, but worked out details directly with them.
We did express our concerns here publically, but then took it offline with Damon once he responded to the post. Damon was actually able to help and we got fast resolution after months of trouble. I believe that Damon is here because he was asked to take a look at some problems that people are having. At least he is trying to understand and help and I don't see how publically badgering someone helps. I have always found that working with someone to solve a problem is more effective. That's all I am trying to say.
I felt that the original intent of the thread began to side track into one of those *sick the dogs* threads and I was just trying to get it back on track. No harm intended.
Rayhall,
I agree. I believe that customer service, or rather, the LACK thereof, will be the downfall of PayPal.
We, personally, have not had any pleasant experiences dealing with the customer service reps; getting passed from one to another (HOPS) or never having any answers (you’ll have to call back – WHAT?!?) - all being incredibly indifferent.

I sincerely hope that Damon is taking this feedback here as seriously as it really is and hope that they hare appropriate measures in place to improve their service. Things like # HOPS a call takes until resolved, # days calls are open unresolved, % of calls that are resolved to the CUSTOMER’s SATISFACTION. With corrective action plans to get this fixed and keep it in control.
If not, then I believe that they will go the way of so many dot-coms – great idea, but no concept of how to run a business successfully.

If Providian has really entered the arena with PayPal, then they have an even longer road to travel, since Providian has a long history of customer fraud and deception.
I totally agree that these kinds of issues should be raised here.