Is it worth buying an SACD player?

I looked around and it seems there is enough SACD content to justify the investigation. I have a DVD player at the moment that plays SACD and bought a used Miles Davis SACD to check it out, it sounds great but, I can't really test the difference between a "regular CD" and the SACD. The other issue is that the DVD player doesn't access the "higher end sampling" through the analog connections, My 2-channel preamp has no digital input (Rogue Audio Perseus) so maybe without the digital input my question is moot. Any ideas/thoughts?
keith944t
Go to www.acousticsounds.com and look at the SACD collection. Does owning a good bit of that float your boat? If so, then get a player and start buying software while you still can. If anything is reissued on Blu-ray it'll be the same ole stuff and I doubt that it'll sound better, in two-channel.

If you want to go multi-channel, then it's a whole different story. When I've heard multi-channel I've been unimpressed. It always seems contrived to me. Some like it, so it's a personal thing.

I really doubt that two-channel Blu-ray is going to sonically beat two-channel SACD. With a great player, the two-channel SACDs are my favorite format vs. CD and LP. (I buy a lot of all three, but I lean toward SACD when given a choice).

Dave
I decided to keep the DVD99 because of the SACD. I did get the Music server /CD player operating again. It does have a better redbook CD player than the DVD99 though. Plus being able to hit random play of 3500 tracks is a great way to watch football!
I ordered up four SACD's from Amazon, a couple hybrids and the pure SACD 30th anniv edition of Dark Side of the Moon. Now I'm looking into replacing my old Denon 1800AVR with something with new HDMI technology! I gotta hear that in 5.1!
There seems to be more DVD Audios on Amazon than SACD's though. Now I have to check out those too!
Why didn't this stuff catch on? It's prety awesome!
I'm thinking Sony STRDG720 7.1 Audio Video Receiver at around $250.
There is a similar priced/speced Onkyo, but only has 2 HDMI's in.
Question though, Do most current (or at least the 2 I'm considering) AV receivers still have pre-out for the front 2 speakers so I can send them to my 2 channel system? I couldn't tell from the ads/specs listed.