Is It Common For Questions About Gear For Sale To Go Unanswered?

I have been a member of the Audiogon Community for a few years, mainly as an outlier, but I have asked a few questions and responded to a few threads.  Compared to most of the Members of this community, I fly way under the radar with my knowledge of all things Hi Fi, but I'm doing my best to learn.  But one thing I've noticed (and I'm wondering if it is just common practice) is many times when I ask a question about a piece of gear for sale, I get absolutely no reply at all.  Not an answer, not a request for clarification, not even a "go to hell and stop bothering me".

There has been a turntable listed for sale for quite some time that I have interest in, the listing is advertised as "Scout 21B Turntable Lo hrs current 2022 production".  I've noticed the listing time has expired without it being sold at least once, I think because a Reserve hasn't been met.  But it immediately shows up again with a new countdown clock.  This is what I've posted in the "Questions For The Seller" section:  "I asked this question once, but did not get an answer. Is this a "B Stock" turntable, and if so, what is the reason or reasons for it being B Stock. Thanks."

Is this a rude question to ask or does my question violate an unwritten code I'm not aware of?  I've done quite a bit of research and looking on Hi Fi sites, and I can't find a VPI Scout 21 turntable that has the "Letter B" included unless it is B-Stock.  Please correct me if I'm mistaken.  If I'm correct, it seems logical that if it is B-Stock the seller should explain why it is B-Stock if asked.  Nothing in the description identifies flaws, and the only picture is a stock photo from VPI.  Help me out -- am I missing something in how items are listed or just being ignored.  

Thanks and happy listening.

allenf1963

I disagree but that’s all good.    I think different companies may have different definitions.    

I was relating my experiences in the audio arena with several well known companies all here would recognize.

@dill -- "Well new ones are $3300 so you would save 1100 bucks as his BIN price is $2199. So is 1/3 off retail worth blemish or two to you?"

Therein lies the entire crux of my original post, @dill. Like everyone else, I’m all for saving money, especially if an item is "B Stock" with just a "blemish or two" as you put it. But if the question is asked on three different listings and all you hear are crickets, you have no idea what the blemishes are or where they are located. A small scratch on the underside of the plinth that you can’t see unless you flip the turntable upside down? Take my money.....PLEASE!

On the other hand -- A huge, deep scratch on the top of the plinth? A chunk of the plinth chipped away where it was dropped? Places on the front or side where the lacquer has chipped off? All of these "blemishes" can be on gear and it still be sold as "New B Stock" according to several audio gear sites I’ve researched. "Defects that don’t affect the sound or operational ability of the gear" as it is stated.

Now ask yourself the same question: "Would you buy high end gear with such defects or blemishes at ONLY 1/3 of the price taken off?" The answer to that question is going to vary from Audiogon Member to Member. But you can’t answer that question if the seller refuses to respond. That was the whole point of my post, which at this point is beating a dead horse. The seller won’t answer my question, and the resounding opinion from the Members who have replied to my post is "Run, don’t walk, away." That is what I am doing. I’ll find someone else to take my money.

@jhajeski -- I'm sorry, but I did not receive a DM from you.  Was it sent on the Audiogon site?  If so, where do I look for it?  I'm still a newbie trying to learn how the Forum works...sorry! 🤔