Is it best to use a 5-channel amp for biamping??

My next amp will be a sunfire (not the signature series). Please advice if buying the 5-channel cinema grand and use its channels in a bi-amp configuration will give me better results as opposed to just getting the two channel stereo amp?

Thanks in advance
planckscale
Let's take the discussion a step further. If I were to split the signal at the amp, and rather than use 2 of the channels on my Krell, use one and run the other side of the split to a tube amp, what type of things would I need to understand in terms of power, crossover, etc., to appropriately match a tube amp to the mid/high connections, and my Krell to the woofer?
But for hybrids like MLs, which Planckscale has, passive biamping has significant advantages.

Passive biamping an ML hybrid separates the stat from the woofer, thus presenting the amps with a less complex load.

The stat panel presents the amp a high impedance at low frequencies and very low impedance (1 to 2 ohms) at high frequencies. The woofer's impedance curve is relatively more flat. Driving them separately makes the amp's job much easier.

I biamp my Aeons with four of the five channels of my Meridian 5-channel amp. This makes the speakers more dynamic - a frequent complaint about hybrids is that they're not dynamic enough.
"I biamp my Aeons with four of the five channels of my Meridian 5-channel amp. This makes the speakers more dynamic - ...."

Case closed! Thanks Jetmphfor
Also, thanks to all for your contributions.
I really appreciate. Through you guys, I have rediscovered music!