Is ARC Updating/Discontinuing the DSi200?

Anyone have the lowdown on the ARC DSi200?

I went to the ARC web site, and saw that the DSi200 was included in BOTH the current and discontinued categories.

When I've seen this in other contexts, it meant the manufacturer was depleting current inventory on a model that was going to be either retired or updated.

Is ARC planning on updating their first foray into Class-D SS integrateds, or are they cutting & running?

Asking b/c I was pondering doing an "upgrade" on my Ayre AX-7e to something SS with a bit more juice. My 3 "finalists" are the Arc DSi200, the Pass Int-150, and the Modwright KWI200. If the DSi200 is history, it makes my decision a little bit easier.

Thanks!
courant

Showing 1 response by bcgator

The fact that they may be discontinuing it wouldn't discourage me - I go out of my way to look for such opportunities, where things I normally wouldn't be able to afford are marked down dramatically due to dealer liquidation, or model discontinuation, etc. If it sounded great when it was a current model, it'll sound just as good as a retired model, except it'll bring you all that music joy for less money. And not to discount Dayglow's experience - he heard what he heard - but I wouldn't let comments like that discourage me either. Think of how many variables were at play, in that room, with his ears, and that setup. Attributing whatever he heard entirely as the "fault" of the amp is...not something I'd subscribe to. Audio Research makes superb equipment, and their service is excellent - you could do a whole lot worse.