Is a home theater even worth it or doable?

Please be honest with me. I'm a huge TV  movie fan as I'm sure many of you are, and in my youth I used to have a Denon setup, blu-ray, etc. I loved the experience. Fast forward 25 years and now I just stream my tv and movies off Netflix, HBO Max, and Hulu. We are doing a new addition where we have an open space concept. I see myself continuing to stream in the future, but would like a clean sound at least. I am treating myself to an 85" TV not sure the make model yet, but I want a big one. Does it make sense for me to even invest in something more then a sound bar given my streaming and open concept? If so, what type of setup should I consider or if I should prewire something up and where would that be? Thanks for your advice.

cody012

Showing 1 response by rshad0000

I’m a big movie buff along with being an audiophile(Two channel music first with HT being a strong second).

One thing that I think is often missed is that a true HT system isn’t always about the deep rumbling bass or the bullets wizzing to the sides or behind your head(although that is cool).   It’s also about the gripping musical scores that are played in the background of these movies.  If you have a great musical HT system the background music just pulls you emotionally in to the movie even more.

Also, if I’m spending big $$$s for the stereo system I might as well be using that equipment for everything.