Is 9'x11' too small?

I am considering using a small home office as a dedicated listening room. I could clear out the room and have it dedicated to gear only (and a chair or two and CD racks). This would allow me to acoustically treat the space (as I can't now in my listening room of the living room). The problem is (or might be) and my question to you is; the room is only 9'x11'x8', is this too small?
jh2os
Jh2os,

I recently turned a spare bedroom into a 2 channel listening room. mine was 11x10, and i love it. speaker placement makes a big difference, as will wall treatments. my room only has one window a 48"x48" and my equipment sits right in front of it.

with just the 2" blinds and no curtain i had to tow the speakers in a bit to get a good image, over the weekend i went to the fabric store and bought some "home decor" fabric, fairly thick, and put up my own curtains. this alone absorbed some of the sound, for the better. i had to set my speakers facing forward, no tow, to get the image back, but it seems better than it did before.

my speakers are about 27" from the back wall and 18" from the side walls. and i sit about 12" from the back wall.

next on my list is to build some DIY diffusor/absorbers to hand on the side walls in the reflection points (mirror trick)

with all that said, i love the sound of the room
That would be the right size for a full Audio Note system! Or a system based on totem or maybe vandersteen 1Cs! But I'd shoot for the best audio note system (CD/DAC, integrated, and speakers) I could afford and not look back!

Aaron
'Calculator' Results:

Using the potential room layout & dimensions shown here:

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vopin&1106460038&read&keyw&zzroom%20layout

The calculator gave me back these results:

Sitting Postion Peaks:
Single Peaks 125.4 / 250.9
Sitting Position Nulls:
Single Nulls 62.7 / 188.2

Seems pretty promising?

If I play with the numbers a bit, I notice that if I position my sitting position 6" off center, there are no peaks/nulls, but I understand this may cause other problems with soundstaging, etc.? Any thoughts/education on these results?

Thanks Rene, for your off-line comments!