Interconnects and Speaker Cable, What in your history hit your pleasure button?

Many of us have had several sets of interconnects and speaker cables.  I have had many of the brands associated with at one time or another of being SOTA.

The ones that I remember having the most aural and mental impact on my pleasure index were the Wireworld Gold Eclipse.  I am not endorsing the Copper vs. Silver debate or forgetting the Nordost, Kimber and many other brands I have owned, I just remember the Gold Eclipse as being a major listening pleasure. 

And you?

whatjd

Showing 2 responses by rodman99999

Silver conductors have been hitting my pleasure button, since they started using it in cables.   Even so; it's been interesting, how information can still be lost, even with some, "better" cables.  ie: After some reading on the Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 7 interconnects, I thought I’d try a pair, to upgrade from Silver Audio Hyacinths(a few years back) . I’d enjoyed those(feeding my main amps), for almost a decade, by then. More defined(I could listen further into the mix), but- my sound stage narrowed, by about 5-6’. Before sending the audition pair back to The Cable Company(to allow further comparison), I ordered Synergistic’s Tesla Apex interconnects(their best, below bank-breaking, then). The same beautiful rendition as the Eclipse pair, BUT- my sound stage was back, in all it’s spaciousness.    A big +1, for Michael Spallone's MPC mod(worked for me too).     I did try Wireworld's Gold Eclipse 7s, between my TacT RCS 2.2X and Bass amp.  They're still there.  
@teo_audio- A little nit-picking, just for fun(apologies, to the OP): There are actually two magnitudes(layers) of difference between LCR(Classical/Newtonian/fixed) and QED. Relativity(not fixed) and it’s theories, supercedes Newtonian. Quantum, with it’s tested/proven facts regarding our reality, challenges both. QED is an attempt to unify(reconcile) Relativity and Quantum Mechanics. https://www.infoplease.com/math-science/space/universe/theories-of-the-universe-quantum-mechanics-vs-general-relativity Thus far, we’re only familiar with about 5% of our universe. When/if an understanding of the other 95% becomes available(ie: what it is/what it does/how to measure it), we may have more answers("gain a critical point of knowing"), as to why so many phenomena go unexplained(ie: what we hear regarding wire, semiconductors, dielectrics, geometries, fuses, etc). GOT LIQUID(metal, not milk)? I’d certainly be interested! Happy listening!