Interconnect for Spectral DMC20+DMA180

I want to use for Spectral DMC20+DMA180 interconnect "MIT/Spectral 350 UL SERIes 2". It is possible to replace this cable with another?
What cable MIT (not spectral) is absolutely identical and capable to replace completely recommended MIT/Spectral 350UL serII?
otsmpotsm

Showing 3 responses by ack

Nothing else in the MIT is absolutely identical. In the past, I have found other MIT cables colored one way or another - I owned the MIT 350 "Reference" (horrible, very bass heavy), some 330's, and tried recent Magnums and an Oracle 1.x - all colored in my book. I am back to the 350 MIT/Spectral Series II; see if you can find a used one from Joe Abrams.
Here's your used cable http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?cablintr&1301679938&/MIT/Spectral-350-UL-SERIes-
Yes not mandatory to use the MIT/Spectral cables. However, when I asked Spectral directly which ones they endorsed for my amps the answer was quite clear: the 350 II's or the Oracle MA. I think I can understand why - anything in between sounded colored to me, with excessive, fake midbass. YMMV.