Integrated Amp upgrade path

I’m currently using a Macintosh MC 8900 to drive Vandersteen Treo CT’s, with a six pack of Rel S510’s, streaming only.  I understand Boulder will shortly have a software upgrade for the 866 that will include an Air Play equivalent to allow full use of most streaming services.  Looking for thoughts from anyone with experience with the 866:  how much of an an SQ improvement with this upgrade?  Incremental?  Immediately noticeable?  Thanks for any help!
cosmic_charlie

Showing 1 response by jb505

On the streamer front, I’ve been through a bunch, most of which are mentioned above and all have some very good sound and convenience pluses and I’m not about to bash any of them.
I have finally settled on the Linn Akurate DSM with Roon and have been totally happy with both sound, convenience and interface. It’s totally upgradable as well.
As others have mentioned Boulder and McIntosh will have different house sounds. Just find your cup of tea. I have a McIntosh C2300 pre before they started incorporating Dac’s in their pre amps as I wanted it separate.
Good luck in your quest.