Integrated Amp for Girlfriend?

Hi Folks:
I want to get an integrated amp for my girlfriend and would value any advice or recommendations. I hope to spend anywhere from $400 to $800 and am open to new or used stuff. I'm particularly interested in an aesthetically cool looking unit - I am considering the Blue Circle CS integrated, for example. She would be very open to tube designs too(she loves my tube gear). Thanks!
John.
128x128outlier
I just picked up a used macintosh 4275 ss receiver for my office. It's 75 watts, compact, great looking & great sounding.
The Blue Circle CS is very new; but based on Gilberts other offerings, I am confident it will be nice.

Other integrated amps to consider in that range is the Audio Refinement Complete; and the Creek 4340R or 4340R Mk2.

The CS is not remote capable I believe, if that matters. The "R" on the Creek denotes it has the optional remote. The Complete's remote is also optional.

The Audio Refinement Complete will be the most "tube like".

For new stuff, I'd also suggest the Rega Mira 2000. It's look is pretty trendy.
With patience, you can get a used one cheap.

Hope this helps.
Guys, thanks for the suggestions - all good. I think the McIntosh may be a bit clunky for her taste (great product though). Yes, the Blue Circle won't have the remote - should be fine though. Yea, I have the Blue Circle BC2s and love them - that's a key reason I'm considering the CS - looks like a nice, tidy, femme-friendly package too.

Also, I do have the likes of Creek and Rega on my list of considerations - love the British mid level amps (also considering Musical Fidelity and Arcam) - they're all a bit 'boxy' though. I think she may appreciate something a bit more interesting looking (I know the sonics are the key, but I think she'd be looking for a good looking amp too). Yes, Audio Refinement would be another nice choice (I have the YBA CD1a from same designer, and love it - have a lot of respect for YBA's design philosophies). Am also considering the Jolida 302b - don't know much about it but got a nice offer on a new one, and it has that interesting tubey look.

She, like the rest of her department at work, are losing their jobs this week, so I want to perk her up with a good system (I have speakers and front end and cables I can give her, but need the nice amp to go with it). Cheers,
John.
I picked up a used Naim Nait here on Agon for my girlfriend about a year ago. I think they're aesthetically cool looking by virtue of their simplistic front panel. She loves it! It must have worked too..... she's my fiancee now!

Good luck!