Installing Apogee Divas w/ribbons to the outside

The orthodox way to install the Apogee Divas is with the mid/high ribbons to the inside. I have seen photos of them installed to the outside. I think this is a way you obtain a greater distance between the higher frecuency radiators (for example in a smaller room) , and so, perhaps, getting a wider image, but I have not tried it in my system. I would like that those of you who have tried it to share that experiece and tell us how it works. Thanks.
tabaregg
If you haven't already, you may want to pose this very question at the Apogee Acoustics User Group forum. There are some seriously knowledgeable and friendly Apogee users there that I'm sure could shed some light on this question.

FWIW, I've only listened to my Duetta Sigs with the MRT on the inside.
While I have only heard the Apogee speakers once, my experience with Magnepan, another planar, MAY sort of apply.
I had my MG-1 panels in a Very small room. The sound image was coming from the upper left corner of the room. I swapped the panels L->R and everything straightened out. OH, wire phase was correct in both cases.
Bottom Line?
Doesn't hurt to experiment.