Innuos Zen MK3 vs Aurender N100

Thinking of celebrating my 50th with an upgrade to my system. Currently, using an old mac mini (so old can't upgrade the OS anymore) to MHDT Atlantis, Melody EL34 amp and Zu Druid V speakers. I have read some great things about the Zen and heard it running through an Ideon Ayazi dac and DeVore speakers which was amazing, sounded like the band was in the room, but have also read that some people are having issues with the Sense app. The aurrender also gets good reviews but concerned, whether this is warranted I am not sure, that its technology is getting a little dated as it was released quite a few years ago. Any thoughts?

128x128jkontuly

Showing 1 response by jon2020

I have had both in my system and the Innuos Zen Mk 3 is on a whole other level better than the N100 in every sonic metric.

If you can, try to compare both in your system before deciding as with any new component in the chain, it is all system-dependent.

As for the Sense app, it is wonderful with no issues to date. It is a lot more integrated than the Aurender app.

One big feature in favor of the Zen Mk 3 is that it has a CD slot to convert your music to flac or wav files. But in the end as always, its SQ is way superior to the Aurender's.