Information about Martin Logan Sequel II

Just purchased a pair of these for $250 but have option to return within 10 days if I choose. A couple of questions - when hooked up at store, high frequency driver did not work on one speaker - is this likely a driver out (and expensive to fix) or a problem in the built in amp that may be more economical to fix? Also, assuming they can be made whole for hundred and a half or so, are they worth repairing or are they prone to certain issues that I should be aware of? I am narrowing my choice of speakers down to: these when repaired, Paradigm studio 80s, Snell EIIIs, and a pair of Alon Model IVs (that I recently upgraded and restored) I have not compared these yet as the Alons require a great deal of power to properly evaluate (so I have been told) I have acquired an Adcom 5800 but have not rigged it for bi-wiring yet. Anyway, any opinions on this would help me decide about investing a little more on the Martin Logans or cut my losses and take them back. Thanks, Jon.
Ag insider logo xs@2xwhyland
Thanks all for the info! Makes sense now about the ES speakers requiring the power. I just saw plugs and assumed active subwoofer! Anyway, I have a call into Jim at ML as recommended to get an idea of cost for fixing - but I fear the worst (paned replacement - and I agree two makes more sense than one) and costs associated with this will probably lead me to return or resell for small profit to someone local that is willing to absorb the cost to get these back in shape. Anyway - thanks again for all the good advise. J.
There is one thing you might try if there is no sound at all coming from the panel take off the cover to the power supply and see if one of the leads to the panel may have come loose fom the screw on clamp on the power supply. You have to make sure you have them unplugged from the AC for at least 8 hrs before you do this because that is how long the transformers can hold there charge. The panels when bad don't just go dead they gradually lose their volume.
I have a pair of ML Sequel II. One of them lost bass altogether. How can I fix it. Any help is appreciated