Infinity RS 2.5 speaker placement

Hello all,

I've been trying to find the perfect spot for these old behemoths. I have tried the Cardas website, but the formula doesn't seem to work perfectly for these, maybe because they are a mix of cone woofers and the mylar? mids and tweets. He suggest toe in for all speakers while the infinity set up manual says to keep them parallel. Room is approximately 11'x20'x8' rectangle. Big window in front that has been covered and also some crochet blankets on the walls to try and soften things up a bit. I'm looking for the best imaging and soundstage I can get out of these. Any help is greatly appreciated. Btw, it's not bad by any means, just trying to find the best way to set up these speakers.
sswanny_1
I asked about the emits because I wondered how the new mids would integrate with the old tweets but I'm sure you would not give such a glowing review if it didn't sound wonderful.

Still a grand that I don't really have at the moment, and while I do love them, between the thousand to upgrade the mids and the price I could get for them right now used, I will have to think on that one for a while.

Do the new diaphrams simply "bolt in" or is there assembly or modification required? I remember reading the thread about the new drivers some time back, but don't remember all the details, and apparently the topic was banned for some reason?
They fit right into the stock clamshell. The only difference is that they have a wire flying lead instead of the solid tabs to accomodate all the different EMIM shells out there with different lead spacing.

AK closed the thread because they wanted Graz to pay an advertiser's fee to discuss his products there.

I thought about the costs versus resale, but I do not intend to sell my RSIIb's; with the outboard crossovers I built and the new diaphragms they are simply the best speakers I have ever heard. Here's a pic:

My RSIIb's

Hey Sswanny,

If you are in the central NJ area I'd be glad to demo them for you. You could hear the new Apogee diaphragms in action, and maybe get some ideas for your 2.5s.