Inexpensive high efficiency bookshelf speakers

Hello,

Can you please suggest some inexpensive ( <$1000) high efficiency (about 95 dB) bookshelf or small floor standing speakers ?
Thank you
Simon
simontju

04-06-09: Simontju
Focal 706v ? What web site or manufacturer name?
Made by JM Labs of France. Available many places including Music Direct, which carries JM Focal's Chorus and Profile series. I'm not sure if you're limited to a stand-mounted (or bookshelf) speaker, but for $150 more you can get the floorstanding version with a supplemental woofer, more dynamic range, bass extension, and sensitivity/efficiency.
Although I have never heard them I have read great things about Tekton Design speakers who make high efficiency small speakers for low and moderate prices.
I'll second the MET7's as I too purchased Met7's when they first came out along with the matching HF1 ribbon tweeters. For a long time (as in 20+ years) they were the midrange part of my main speaker system along with 2 Atlantic Technology 8" 70 watt powered subwoofers and the afore mentioned HF1 tweeters. When I got back into Audio seriously about 3 years ago they became my part of my bedroom systems in both of my homes (I have 2 pairs plus a pair of MKII's I've yet to repair)driven by a Cayin 10watt MT12a and a Jolida 103b respectively both systems also use a single subwoofer.
Recently the original pair were looking pretty ratty so I pulled them out of service for a general cleaning and touch up. In their place I first tried a pair of Energy C50's and had issues with them sounding "dead" there may have been a problem with their rear porting into a fairly open shelf as I use them in my office and quite like them there .Next I tried a new pair of Warfdale Diamond 9.0's not bad but they just seemed to lack the Depth & life of the Met7's. Well after re blacking the felt, a through dusting ,cleaning & Armouralling the Rubber surrounds they are back in the bedroom system and sound better than ever. These are keepers for life for me.

Ps:The system driven by the Cayin also uses a pair of Radio Shack Lineaum tweeters to very good effect they add a similar sparkle to the HF1's that now reside in my high efficiency system with an ARC CA50 and a pair of AR S10HO's.

Regards, Jerry