Inexpensive high efficiency bookshelf speakers

Hello,

Can you please suggest some inexpensive ( <$1000) high efficiency (about 95 dB) bookshelf or small floor standing speakers ?
Thank you
Simon
simontju

Showing 1 response by geraldm121

I'll second the MET7's as I too purchased Met7's when they first came out along with the matching HF1 ribbon tweeters. For a long time (as in 20+ years) they were the midrange part of my main speaker system along with 2 Atlantic Technology 8" 70 watt powered subwoofers and the afore mentioned HF1 tweeters. When I got back into Audio seriously about 3 years ago they became my part of my bedroom systems in both of my homes (I have 2 pairs plus a pair of MKII's I've yet to repair)driven by a Cayin 10watt MT12a and a Jolida 103b respectively both systems also use a single subwoofer.
Recently the original pair were looking pretty ratty so I pulled them out of service for a general cleaning and touch up. In their place I first tried a pair of Energy C50's and had issues with them sounding "dead" there may have been a problem with their rear porting into a fairly open shelf as I use them in my office and quite like them there .Next I tried a new pair of Warfdale Diamond 9.0's not bad but they just seemed to lack the Depth & life of the Met7's. Well after re blacking the felt, a through dusting ,cleaning & Armouralling the Rubber surrounds they are back in the bedroom system and sound better than ever. These are keepers for life for me.

Ps:The system driven by the Cayin also uses a pair of Radio Shack Lineaum tweeters to very good effect they add a similar sparkle to the HF1's that now reside in my high efficiency system with an ARC CA50 and a pair of AR S10HO's.

Regards, Jerry