In your opinion, what is Hi, Medium and Low end?

Hey All,

I am new to this arena and for all the reading and homework it seems like there is a lot of circumstance out there. It seems that the comment that I see the most is, “…see how it works with your system.” And while this is true about a great many things in life it seems that we are all trying to find a sense for balance for our budget. The other thing that I learned is the spending a lot will not always yield the desired result.

So…regardless of price, here is my question. In your opinion, if your were to put together a system (say something to do it all, as I don’t know about everyone else but I couldn’t afford one for music and one for movies and other activities) in the following three categories: as high medium and low; what would it look like?

Say maybe with the following categories:

1) Processor, Preamp & Amp OR Receiver
2) Sources (CD, Phono or whatever)
3) Cables (Speak, Interconnect and whatever)
4) Power and related products
5) Other tweaks

Did I miss anything? Please feel free to add. :D

There are no motives hear but to learn, I have just bought a bunch of stuff that make me happy and I am just curious or maybe trying to prove that I am not on crack. ;-)

Cheers,

Blu
blu_audio
Shadorne,Your humor is lost on me.My hair dryer is a Chi but possibly your dryer blows more hot air.
This is not the place to be posting that kind of fluff. Go to the thread: "Hair Dryers. What does the Typical Audiophile Use?" where your contributions will be given the attention and respect they deserve.
Zigonht,If this hobby allows one to spend enjoyable time with children then the hobby itself is HIGH END.
As Albert Porter so eloquently stated in his contribution to this thread.The only true perfect music is his son.Enjoy your time with your children,they will always remember it.
High, medium or low-end can have many variables (i.e.: design & material usage, build quality, price, etc.), but has everything to do with the reproduction of recorded music. It’s that simple. The goal of all audiophiles and all “high-end” audio designers is to reproduce recorded music with the highest fidelity to the original performance as possible. Currently, it is not possible to duplicate true “live performance reproduction” so true high-end is more subjective than it is objective. Whatever it takes to achieve high fidelity is the ingredient(s) to “high-end.” There is no objective consensus as to which “recipe” offers the best approach to the end goal. Cost/price, by necessity, will almost certainly be associated with the pursuit of the high-end goal. However, as Albert stated, there are always exceptions, and fortunately, these exceptions are pretty much readily available (to achieve subjective methodology).
Gogirl you need to read this - Hair Dryer for Sale

Well - if you you use a "Chi" hair dryer then at least yours is not yet for sale on Audiogon. This one is apparently a Conair. There is hope yet!