In need of assistance: integrated amp selection

Hi, this is my first post although I have been "lurking" on audiogon for a while. My question is pretty simple, your advice is appreciated.
If you had $1500 or less to spend on an integrated amp and a CD player what would you buy? I would definitely consider used, and I have an open mind to just about any brand.
I just purchased a pair of Green Mountain Audio Europas, and plan to use Signal Cable IC's and cables. My room is approx. 15X18. My listening tastes are varied. The Europas are known to be efficient, so loads of power probably isn't necessary, although I would like plenty of reserve.
If you can't really recommend a certain model, a list of brands that you hold in high regard in this price range would be very helpful also. Thanks very much, jb3
jb3
Jb3, try Audio Aero Prima integrated amp and cdp. Call Audiogallery in Toronto to see if they have any demo's available. When I bought mine, the amp was used and the cdp was new, but the previous model. The amp is a hybrid and the cdp is a tube output. This might be a very little more than what you want to spend, but it is well worth it. Check the website for info.
This may sound crazy but look very hard at the new SONY
Digital AV receivers they are inexpensive and may sound very good. Check threads on audiocircle
Definitely the Sony TA-F808ES MOSFET integrated and Philips 963SA SACD/CD player. Why? Because I have listened to this combination (along with my vinyl) for about a year and it is great!! I especially like the 192 kHz upsampling built into the Philips. Really takes the digital 'edge' off of redbook CDs. The Sony integrated is so good that I just bought the Sony TA-N90ES amp and a Threshold preamp to replace the integrated. Have a new listening room, so back to separates. I will eventually get a BAT VK-3i to try with this combination, as well.
i have the nad C370 and sony c555es sacd and they sound great together!you can find them new for about $1500. you can enjoy the fantastic sacd playback and the great power of the nad C370.