In Ceiling speakers for a high-rise apartment

I am looking for advice for speakers for s high rise apartment. My plan is to use the speakers for a home theater system as well as music. It is am open room (dining room and living room together. A lot of glass and marble floors. I will have a "tray ceiling" put in to accommodate the speakers.
Any issues with ceiling speakers for a high rise? Any special insulation that I need to consider? Amt recommendations on speakers?
Thanks
ddelisle911

Showing 5 responses by ddelisle911

Thank you for your responses. Here is more information:

This basically going to be new system, nothing has been purchased.

Sound quality is important to me.
I do not often watch TV or movies; I am listening to music via my ipod. When I do watch TV or movies I do appreciate a good sound. All this will be in one room. I also have a patio that I would like to have outdoor speakers set up through same system. Again, good sound quality is important. The floor is marble and behind the front speakers is all glass. Not a great room acoustically.

I was looking at ceiling speakers for aesthetics only. Front speakers
I could go with, floor or shelf speakers. The back speakers (if necessary) must be wall mounted speakers.

I hope this helps; thanks again for all your comments!
My budget is $7K this would include 2-channel amp, pre-amp, speakers.
I am now looking at FS speakers for the front.

Thanks
Sorry for the confusion on this. To clear things up:
I listen to music more than I watch TV or movies. I do not need a surround type system. A great stereo system is all that I want. If I can get movies or TV to sound better through the system.. even better. This is why I was thinking of a 2-channel system.. is my thinking correct for this?
Correct, no ceiling speakers. I decided not to compromise the sound quality.
I had planned to add outdoor speakers to this set up. It is a small patio. Will this set up work for that?

Thanks
No offense taken at all.
I am now researching things that can be done to make the room better acoustically. If you have a website for this i would appreciate if you could pass that along. I believe this must be worked out 1st. Which Simaudio pieces do you recommend?

Thanks