If you love the Ortofon 2M Black, you'll really love...... (help me upgrade)

Still trying to find a new cartridge and I've identified very clearly that I love the sonic signature of the 2m Black but would love something that had overall more of what it does well. With that info is there cartridge anyone would recommend up to 2500?
dhcod
If you are willing to sacrifice just a little detail for warmth, liquidity and timbre I would suggest that you look at the Grado Reference Reference 2 (not a typo - that's the model). This is one of the best sleeper high output cartridges on the market.

I'm currently running the low-output variant of this, and had a 2M Black, that failed when the pins just pulled out of the body (out of warranty).

The Black is a fine cartridge, with a great amount of detail, but I prefer the Reference 2.  Lots of detail, but greater warmth and realism, to my ears.

The 2M Black is fine but there are plenty better. Nothing wrong with that, I just bought a zephyr Star, it sounds great but I know there are carts that are better just based on how many carts there are and a realistic understanding of where the zephyr starts sits in the grand scheme of things.

Nag MP500, clearaudio maestro wood and maestro ebony. Clearaudio Concept Mc. All great carts that I enjoyed more than the black. Maybe even at 150mlx and shure m97xe. 
How do you even find one of those? @dhcod  

I've been waiting many years to find a NOS AT-ML180 with spare styli. A fellow collector offered $3k for that one. 

But SoundSmith aficionados can buy this one for rebuild with any top of the line modern cantilever/stylus combo. It seems like the majority of people are happy about refurbished carts, so why not? Our "guru" claimed all modern Boron rod cantilever are better than old hollow pipe boron cantilevers. Someone should try it.   

Hey Chakster, Yes I am aware of that. The ML170 & 180 are on my want list. @boxer12 

Two of my favorite MM cartridges ever! Hope you will find one, they are only getting more and more expensive. 

Chak, If the stylus on that ATN170 assembly needs replacement, then what is the benefit to having it at all to go along with a complete ML150 cartridge?  You could theoretically rebuild the ML150 stylus assembly to the same SS level as rebuilding the ATN170. Or maybe the seller has no ATN150 OEM stylus assembly for the ML150 cartridge.