If you had to pick a laptop or mini-PC, which one?

I've been using an old Lenovo laptop as my server/streamer and continue to have issues getting it to work correctly.  So, I'm thinking of replacing it with something more updated.  

Considering another laptop or a min-PC.  Any opinions on good ones to look at?  I don't really care about the cost because I doubt it could be more than some of the music server/streamers that are out now.  

soundchasr

Showing 2 responses by pjr801

I use a NUC. It's convenient but you really need some offboard hardware to handle the Digital side. I use an MF DAC and am ok with the sound. I use my Oppo to play the movies through which also sounds good. Streamers are great but I like the NUCs versatility and am still not convinced that Its time to jump in on one.
I always use external storage as I'm not sure if I lose sound quality or not with the USB cable. I always allow for extra storage as new items come into my collection and I continue ripping my cd collection.As a rule of thumb If you have 1 Terabyte at the moment I would buy 2 Terabytes of external storage as a minimum. I also have a 2nd copy of everything I rip or store just incase 1 fails I have a backup. I use a NAS Raid system .plugged into my NUC.