Ideas for Pre/Power $9000?

Currently need to replace a receiver. I don't have many local options for auditioning. My system consists of the following; Elac Debut F6, Pro-Ject Debut Pro, Pro-Ject S2 stage, NAS and streaming. I listen in a regular ol' family room with no treatments. Mostly like metal genre. Budget is $9k ish.

128x128lfromsalem

Showing 2 responses by kerrybh

With your budget you can get a really nice system. If you prefer to spend it on departs and do speakers later that's certainly an option. For the money, you could do speakers and an integrated and be in a really good placeĀ 

for example, you could pair the Anthem STR integrated with paradigm persona 3 speakers- they go very well together- and have an excellent system. The room correction that comes with the anthem is superb and it would be pretty close to your price range. There are almost endless combinations, of course, but this is one that would give you a great sound, and really good bang for the buck.

You might check out the Founders series to better match budget. At any rate, I think the Anthem is exceptional for the money and pairs well with Paradigm speakers. Good luck finding the right fit!