I'm thinking about a low watt tube amplifier?

I was looking at a small Class A Tube Amp, Finale Audio's F6 Hommage tube amplifier. It runs at 4 watts per channel, which dosn't seem like much but was curious after talking with a friend how amazingly happy he was with the sound of small, low wattage tube amps. My only concern are my Wilson Benesch speakers, which are only 97 db sensitive. I do have a pair or REL's to handle the low end.  I am currently trying out a 20 watt triode Cayin Amp. (CS-55) which has proven to be more than capable of driving my speakers at low to medium volume with alot of room left. I also have a Luxman Mq-3600 triode tube amp which runs at 30 watts, no problem driving the speakers to extreme volume levels. I was thinking of talking with the stereo shop and seeing what his thoughts were, and if he is open to letting me try it out at home? My listening is low-medium volume, condo-living so big volume is restricted to headphones only, classic rock, folk, jazz-but these days the volume is low, even with the headphones, to keep my hearing in tact. I am sensitive to sharp highs and avoid these at all costs.

Anyone have any experience with these tube amps and what are your thoughts, generally, would it be worth the bother.

I don't have any plans on new speakers, but you never know! I have owned horn speakers, and I am not a fan, hearing sensitivity. I am also limited for space so small floor standing speakers or bookshelf considered (down the road).

What small watt tube amp would you recommend? The Pass Labs small amp sounds very good but out of my budget. Budget is $3,000.00 Max. What speakers are you using with your low watt tube amp.?, and what speaker sensitivity are they?

128x128pooch2

Decware Zen Triode is around $1000 but there's approx 1.5 year waiting list. 

Doesn't your friend has speakers he can recommend for the Finale amp?

My guess is that you need to switch speakers and amps. I also think it is unusual with very high efficiency in stand mounts. You may have to go for a floor stander. 

I appreciate the positive input, I have a very long list of more efficient speakers, which I will continue to try and audition when the opportunity comes up, I am hoping to check out a few shows and sample a few there. 

The small amp available at a reasonable cost peaked my interest in getting this process started. I believe I will try and sample (borrow) a small tube amp, with my existing speakers, before I make the jump and expense of finding a more sensitive speaker I can live with. Once I have done that, and if I find my speakers wanting, I will begin my speaker search and budget for them in earnest. I think I need to try this out in my environment and with my listening conditions to make a realistic evaluation. This to be followed by the small tube amp budget and purchase. I have started the process by selling some of my excess equipment. 

I must admit to be overtaken by my enthusiasm at times for going in a particular direction with my sound system choices. I thought I might find someone here who has been on a similar journey. I am happy with the choices I have for now, and I have to give the process a realistic time line.