I have to downsize big time, any ideas on integrated amps and smaller 3 way speakers

I have to downsize my system quite dramatically. My current system is Well-Tempered Versalex TT with Dynavector DV XX-2 MKII cart, Oppo BDP-105D, Auralic Vega G2 Streamer/Dac, Esoteric C-03 Pre, Sanders Magtech amp with up-graded caps and Monitor Audio PL300 Mk 1 Speakers.
I have been thinking I need to downgrade the TT although I love the sound and I will probably go to an Integrated. Been looking at the Accuphase E-270 or 370. Speakers I like are the Sonus Faber Sonetto V or something similar. I need to be careful with those pesky back waves of Kenjit fame but otherwise I am open to ideas. This will be my last investment in gear as I have cancer and only a couple of years left. I will also need to simplify things for my wife.
Just some rough ideas that have worked for some of you would be appreciated. I have no real affinity with any brand although I am very partial to my Auralic DAC.
Thanks in advance folks.
128x128shamus2211

Showing 1 response by dpac996

Sean so sorry to hear of this. We will keep you in our prayers!

RE the audio stuff; I can’t recommend the Luxman 509X highly enough. It has tons of power, is relatively lightweight (65 pounds), is beautifully made, runs cool (don’t stuff inside a cabinet though), sounds way better than many of the more costly separates I compared it to, and has a very good resale value; The SQ is just superb. A joy to own, to use, and most important, to amplify your favorite recordings.

Synergy to Speakers;
Try to steer clear of speakers that have reputation as "bright", "forward", "dry", "sterile"; unless your high frequency hearing isn’t what it used to be (not a knock, will happen to us all) too much frustration trying to tune upstream stuff to make those sing;

Good synergy with Luxman:
Sonus Faber, Dynaudio, Harbeth;

I’m sure there are a lot more out there but I think getting the amp/speaker combo right is important; The source stuff will be like changing stylus give or take;
I’d keep your Auralic or move to a Lumin; If wanting a dedicated DAC a PS Audio DSD DAC is really hard to beat under 10K;

If it were me and simplifying/ ease of use up there in terms of system requirements, i’d go:
Lumin D2 Streamer/DAC or Aurender A10
Luxman 509X
Sonus Faber Sonnetto (or Dynaudio Contour 30)
Speaker Cables: Analysis Plus Oval 8
Interconnect: Analysis Plus Apex
USB if going with outboard DAC: Wireworld (pick one they are all good)
Integrated power cable: Cardas Beyond Clear
Digital power cables: Analysis Plus Power 10

A wrinkle:
Hegel H590 (all you would need would be streamer source, like a PC with Roon Core)
Speakers and cables: as above.

Have a wonderful day