I have the speakers I grew up with in the 50's 60's.

Jim lansing is written on back. model 375, impedance 16 ohms serial # 290, Los Angeles , Calif.
I can not find anything about them.  they were originally monoral and the second one was bought at a later time.
they are huge anyone know of them
128x128janetyetta
thank you George. Am not an audiophile so when I could not find them listed on this site- thought I would ask.   I did see them on ebay about 4-5 years ago at 30K but was not ready to sell. i can not seem to open the picture from italian ebay but will keep trying-  and/or will try to post image here.
janet
i can not seem to open the picture from italian ebay
That's because it ended in 2014.

Cheers George 
The 375 is a large compression driver that is normally attached to a horn.  They were the largest such driver made by JBL in the time period you are writing about.  They are highly sought after  are sought after.  They were used in a number of Iconic period speakers like the Hartsfield and the Paragon.  There should also be a woofer extended range driver present, unless they were removed etc. 
they have never been opened  and are in tact as they went from mothers house to mine.There is  one area where the veneer has peeled off but that is cosmetic on only one. . My husband was offered $ for the horns but refused to open them       He was once involved with Erath speakers, a small houston based business in the late 70's.  .