I have seen a lot of ideas concerning Cable lifters

I have seen a lot of ideas concerning Cable lifters and all seem to be pricy considering the value and appearance. But what if there was an answer that cost virtually nothing and you had the option to choose a multitude of designs and capabilities?
Glass is probably the best Neutral choice and what do we have in abundance. Used glasses (Goodwill). There are so many options around and possible just waiting one more day you can find exactly what you want and even if you don't like their choices there are options at stores that go far beyond what the High End Audio vendors offer. Here are a couple of examples:

esarhaddon

It looks like I opened up a lot of eyes if not minds. My original post was to inspire those WHO DO believe or want to take the chance on lifters to have either a DIY or cost-effective option. but when I see all of the bashers in here it really makes me wonder about the type of people that frequent this site. Yes, there are those who are genuine Audiophiles and then there are those who are TOTALY UNEDUCATED that BASH anything that comes across the desk without as much as any science to back up what they say. Then there are the few that had positive comments and at least one that provided an Experiment that you can do at home and prove with Repeatable results the difference. I really could care less how you feel about the subject but I often wonder why a person even visits a page like this if all they have time for is mindless nonsense at the expense of genuine users that desire to advance their lives and lifestyle. Unfortunately, this is becoming the status quo for society nowadays.
I do appreciate negative responses thrown in like @curtdr. who simply said, 

"ok... I'll restrain myself here except to say

LOL"

He got his point across without being stupid about it.

Jack pad adapters work great and they're cheap.  Only available in black, which matches my cables.  They are really dense and hard rubber.  They're all over Amazon.  Just pay attention to the width of the groove relative to your cable.

All glass does not have lead in it. Only leaded crystal is currently still manufactured with any and post 1969 the percentage was significantly reduced. Older plates and glasses may have some lead in the colored glazing used but nothing currently manufactured for human usage does.