I have been on the hunt for the best turntable I can buy. Any suggestions?

I have been on the for the best turntable I can buy. Any suggestions?

Right now, the best I have is a Technics SL-10, which is good. But, I am on the hunt for a fantastic, buzz free, high fidelity turntable.

i have heard things about Bang and Olufsen...
leemurray2007

Showing 17 responses by leemurray2007

I went ahead with the Beogram TX. I’ll post some pics and maybe a video to make all the negative people in this forum shut up.
sorry guys my phone is being repaired, and I had to use the chromebook camera. 

So thats why there are blurry shots and not-so-good audio.
@millercarbon well, maybe not fantastic, but just a great sounding reliable turntable.
sryeager 

I know! I had some old CSNY, Grateful Dead, etc. records and played them on my Technics SL-10, and they sounded so much better than I remember!

I think I am going to pull the trigger on a B&O Beogram TX
price $450

sryeager

I just pulled the trigger on the B&O - Ill post some pics soon. But yeah, I will be feeling dumb when the needle finally dies; that'll be a bank breaker.

cant wait for you guys to see and hear this...

it is amazing.

the automatic tonearm and the platter is jut killer

great sound too

awesome colors

@stereo5 

keep telling yourself that.

Also, I think you should give B&O another shot. I am sure their 70s and 80s audio equipment will shoot up in price very soon. I actually found a B&O Beogram 9000 at a thrift store called D&J in orange, VA for only $150. Hooked it up, and it buzzed very loudly and skipped many sections.

The grounding issue was solved by just grounding it (forgot to)
and I did have to buy a new cartridge

after that, sounded very nice. Keep that in my living room stereo setup.
along with a pair of Bose 901(IV) speakers, and a Sansui 4000 stereo, and a nakamichi LX5 cassette deck
@tlwing55 thanks man. Yeah I think there are just too many stuck up donkeys on this forum. 
@tomic601 my when my B&O came in, it had an MMC2 on it. I am kinda dreading replacing it when the time comes, but you gotta do what you gotta do.