I got a little rig what do I do now?

OK, here's the deal...

Have a little rig:

1. Arcam Alpha 8SE
2. Anthem Integrated 2
3. Epos ES12
4. DNM Reson cable, speaker and interconnect

The amp isn't working, I have sent it to John Wright who is here in town. Hope to get it back, better than before. I am getting the bug again. I'd like a more full range sound. Speakers and cable are the first things I though to go after. What does the 'gon think?

As an aside, I did try a cheap LG DVD player as a source running into (optical) a Yamaha multichannel receiver and I could bear it - just, but didn't really object then... Fired up the Arcam with analog RCA and the difference was so crushing there are not words!!

The only thing we have in this life that IS finite is time. Please don't waste it with crap, each of us is worthy to make the most of our time.
hunterg
I had heard Madowlark's done, in fact looked closely at there gear when closing. Have listened to some and thought it was OK; didn't do what I wanted at the time, but I'm after something different now. I haven't ever seen a piece of Dynaudio gear but did quest after the stuff when they sold to the DIY. Have seen but never really heard ProAc.

I am honestly trying to reproduce a drum solo, I know sounds a little pointed, but my speakers now just won't do it. Need a full range sound.

Was intrigued by the heron because there are a few up for sale.

Need to know if I have the amp and cables to do it with a capable loudspeaker too.
The only real drum solo I have ever been fully blown away by was with DIY speakers with Pro woofers and mid along with Horn subs running 500w amps, ofcourse this was a full scale full blown sound. Getting close to that can be done, but as for a totally "real" sound....I dunno.
"I've got a little rig what do I do now?"

GET A BIG RIG!

Thanx,
Russ

(Get new speakers and start from there)