I'd like to buy a cd recorder . Please help.

My system consists of the following:
Classe Ten-----Amp
Classe Four-----Pre-amp
Linn Lp 12,akito arm,Troika cartridge,valhalla
Arcam Cd92-------Cd player
Castle Howard-----Speakers
Nakamichi LX5-----Cassette deck.
Transparent Super interconnects.
Linn K400 speaker cable.
I have quite a few cassette's that I've made over the years that I'd like to listen to in the car. Some of the cassettes may be near the end of there life span so i"d like to digitize them.The sound quality of the cassettes are resonably good (all things considered) so I 'd like a Cd recorder to preserve the music. I've done cd to cd copies on my computer but I don't think it's (or me) up to the task of copying a bunch of tapes. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Daveherm69
daveherm69
TASCAM makes a dual-well machine that includes a cassette deck and a CD recorder. A friend has one of these and it does a perfect job of transferring cassettes to CD as well as recording from vinyl and has a direct digital link for duplicating CDs. Not cheap -- around $6-700 if I remember correctly -- but a great unit.
I agree with sweetseat. If you have a good soundcard in your pc you will get good results.I have used this option myself. I also purchased audio restoration software called diamond cut 32 the cost was $99.00 and easy to use.The possibilities you have with this is remarkable, you can restore your records tapes older cd's and mostly any audio source like new or to your liking.The options you have with this software just to name a few you can add the sound of tube warmth or dynamic range or take the hiss out of your tapes or take click and pops out of your albums. At the time I purchased this you had a free demo that could be downloaded to try out www.enhancedaudio.com
TASCAM CD-RW700 will do the trick for you. Just plug your Nak IC's into the back of the 700, set the sound level and presto. Excellent audio reproduction. All of my "treasured" tapes are now spinning on CD's made by this great unit. Watch for used on 'Gon and snap it up....this unit will do it all.
As to Sean's memory laps, I think the Pioneer model he is thinking of is the 35Lb Pioneer Elite PDR-09. It was the first CD/Recorder brought into the USA and retailed for about $5000.00. Very nice unit, I have owned 2 of them in the past.
alesis' masterlink supposedly makes great CDs from analog sources. Lots of them are out there, used ones starting in the mid $500's.