I can not live without "Room Correction"

Accuphase DG-28

I had been using Accuphase Digital Equalizer since 2001.

It is still working fine.

With room correction, the overall balance is much better with tighter base and flat high frequency.

I can not live without it.

http://media.slrclub.com/1809/10/s07CCj42dv666msrqgf.jpg

Recently Lyngdorf got very popular with good room correction capability.

But I am a tube guy enjoying good timber out of it.

I will not go for Lyngdorf as amplifier.

But I recommend other people to try room correction.

If you are curious, you can try used DG-28 from Japan at 1,700

Accuphase DG-28 Digital Voicing Equalizer Free Shipping (R966 | eBay

It use 100V not 120V so you may need transformer
128x128shkong78
My largish listening room treatment consists of things I own, including a smallish spinet style piano, furniture, books, an oriental carpet, collections of vinyl, CDs, and wax cylinders (actually no cylinders but I tossed them in anyway) and a tall sloping ceiling with side walls far enough away to obviate the dreaded "early reflections" (a great title for a book or music album, or a clothing line made from sheet metal). Also the addition of the remarkably technically advanced Chicken Head knobs on my REL subs to make them easier to turn up or down a little if needed. Chicken Head knobs are far less expensive that DSP gizmos, and add somewhat less pollution to the signal. You do need a small screwdriver for some of them.
If you are analogue and all tube I can't see adding a digital device into the chain. It must be organic too. Room treatments are the only way to go. If you are digital (source and processing), of course digital room correction will be fine.
Rollin

Keep it SIMPLE!!

Everything in the single path has to have some percent of negativity

it absolutely  impossible not to. Yes a marginal grain here/there.

Myself I completely solved 98% of the room injections.

Bought a high back leather chairs (2) with upper wrapped

wings. Yes vintage.  Say styles of the 60's. Look very much a like a

Nascar racing seat to keep drivers head from over rotating Left/R'.

Stops 99% of any behind you back wall reflections. Upper wings 80% of them same to the left and right of my ears.

I place calibrated mike in each chair head /ear high to confirm the chairs really work to reduce standing waives etc.etc. Before not as real that the artist is right there with my Wilsons.

Now! Almost the sense you could touch them. Well almost,

I got  GAIA isolators today and it changed the tone of my system drastically with tightening bass , more transparent soundstage, better focus and details.

Room correction is one way to control tone of your system.

But other methods also can help.