I agree with Keef

The Stones are in town(LA) for 2 nights.

With so many things now being now deemed "inappropriate" these days, I suppose this isn't a surprise?
https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/music/2021/10/13/rolling-stones-retire-brown-sugar-over...

Brown Sugar is part of the Stones "permanent set list".  

tablejockey

Showing 7 responses by relayer101

The cancel culture is nothing new. They banned the Beatles for Lennon’s off the cuff remark about the Beatles being more popular than Jesus.
But then they did continue to sell more records than anyone in the world and probably still do.
It’s a sad state of affairs when musicians and comedians are silenced. 
After-all, they are not politicians.
The times they are a changin.

For those of us that were around at the time do we remember when the song Lola by the Kinks was released in 1970. Great rock song of the time but there were some people that refused to listen to it because of the context of the song and I'm sure that there are people today that would feel the same way about it.
Yes, the Stones decided to silence themselves. Another win for political correctness. But I doubt that any true Stones fans would decide to attend or not attend one of their concerts or buy one of their albums because of their decision either way.

I'd bet Coca Cola would have loved the free publicity on a song other than Lola. Reverse censorship. 

All I can say is thank God we have a two party system in this country that allows different views to be discussed, debated, and voted on. If you only want one point of view go and live in a communist country and see how you like it. 

Does anyone think the people pushing to cancel out Brown Sugar would attend a Stones concert now or ever have?  I seriously doubt it.

And a three party system would be ok also but since the current two parties can't agree on much it's doubtful a third would help. Maybe a little more moderate thinking is in order.