Huntsville Alabama

Any audiophiles in the Athens/Decatur/Huntsville/Florence Alabama area? It would be interesting to have a group that meets once in a while. Is there anybody out there?
bufus

Showing 6 responses by bmatth3790

The Florence dealer is not longer in business. Yes, he called his business South Beach. Not a good choice. He was also located in a high rent district and would have had an extremely high overhead. I'm in Florence, and a budget audiophile at best. Used Vandy 2s, Spica, Creek amp and several NAD products.
I don't get to Huntsville often but here in Florence-Muscle Shoals there is no longer any high end retailer. I've had to get my gear on the Internet or buy used here thru Audiogon. I, too, would like to know if there is a hi-end dealer in Huntsville. I would make a special trip to check 'em out.

Bill
I'm in Florence and would be interested in meeting. I'm a low-end or budget audiophile. Weekends work best for me as well.

Bill
Great to hear from you fellas. I'm at a hiking conference on the 10th....but go ahead and meet, and I can join you maybe a month later.

I have some wonderful used Vandersteen 2 speakers (probably circa 1978), a Creek integrated and a slew of NAD/Cambridge and Onkyo CD players. Also a number of other speakers--AR3 (from about late 60s), a Spica SC30 I think and a few others. I also have a Dual record changer in the basement; it was a good one in it's time and dates to the early 70s.

There's a group here in Florence of vinyl guys who meet at an independent record shop downtown. I have their flyer if anyone is interested.

Cheers...Bill Matthews 256-710-8036 A better email for me is BillinFlorence@aol.com
Too bad I have to miss your meeting. I'll be out of town Sat. More on my audio gear: I built two Dynaco products from a kit back in the winter of 1972, an integrated amp and an FM tuner, the FM5. (Got a boxful of parts and instructions) Have both of them and the tuner still works. The amp has a very low level hum (probably bad capacitor somewhere) and when I tested it a few days ago it sounded OK at low, background music levels but distorted when played louder. I was really disappointed. I also have a set of Large Advent speakers bought in about 1977.

I'll be on the lookout for your next meeting. I'm about 55 miles west of Hsv.
Stephan--No errands here....but a long-planned conference out of town. Let me know when you can get another meeting set up. I'm retired but often gone on hiking, etc. trips.

Bill in Killen