Hum from Florescent light

I have a florescent that puts a nasty hum in my system. Its a light that plugs into the wall. Is there a cheap easy way to isolate this light?
perfectimage
Does halogen create any problem, compared to incandescent? I'm looking for a small task light for my turntable. Small lamps tend to be halogen these days.
Gmkowal(or anyone else...) do you know of any other fixes for this problem. I have recently gotten some new equipment(interconnect/power cords/CD player), and encountered the problem. No flourescent lights. Just the interconnects picking up the 60 Hz AC hum from passing by a power cord. I know the best solution is to rearrange the equipment to minimize this. I am not jumping for joy to do this, as my current arrangement is good(by that I mean my girlfriend wants it this way...). Temporarily, I have found that pulling my interconnects as far from the offending power cord as is possible, mitigates the problem to a large extent. But NOT completely. But, I am wondering if there are any other solutions out there. Never experienced these gremlins before. But, I guess that's life. Thanks to all in advance.
Trelja- I had some TARA Labs interconnects which picked up 60 Hz AC hum. Replacing them with Audioquest Coral fixed the problem.
jayboard: halogen is as bad, or worse, than flourescent for use near any electronic equipment. try putting a halogen lamp near your computer monitor and you'll likely see the effect. i recommend you buy a littllite (sp?) for your turntable, which are widely available.
I leaned something also, thanks guys. Never had a bad hum problem that a power conditioner did not fix, so I thought that some little filter might work, since he said "cheap and easy". BY THE WAY I USE A BATTERY POWERED LIGHT NEAR MY SYSTEM. Only turn it on when needed.