HT peakers for Marantz SR5200

Hi, I've just purchased a Marantz SR5200 for my small room home theatre (probably 10 x 12 feet). I'm seeking to increment above the built-in speakers in the Sony XBR. Will need 2 front, center, 2 rear, and a sub. Forget state-of-the-art, I'm simply seeking an engaging fun system that avoids classic problems of cheap home theatre - nasal sound and one-note boomy bass - and I hope to minimize the expense in the process. This is for movies, mainly, and perhaps music DVD's. The SR5200 is not a hugely powerful amp (5 x 90 on paper) but given the size of room, I am hopeful. What do you recommend? : - )
Thanks,
Art
artmaltman

Showing 1 response by newbie13

Accolades here. I have the VT-12 these on loan from Hsu to take to an audio geek, consumer direct products, gathering in Austin. I was very skeptical but they really have impressed me. The shifting the mid-bass to the CC for the front really works. On LoTR FoTR they excelled at sound effects but how well they handled the dynamic score was surprising. For HT only I think you'll be quite pleased. If not they have a 30 in home trial period.

I may be able to report on the Tykes after next week. Not sure if they will be on hand.