HT Components-would appreciate thoughts

Looking for feedback on this system-a bit of a mongrel, but uses some equipment I already have and enjoy. Room 20 x 17 family room, open to second story above.Video 45% Music 55% - also want to direct sources to a multi room system later.Listen to lots of Jazz, Instrumental Music. Enjoy the subleties of a good movie soundtrack more than the slam/bam.

Pre/Pro Bryston SP-1
Front Channel Amp Odyssey Stratos HT 3
DVD/CD Source - TBD...ideas??
Front L/R Linn Keilidh
Center Linn AV 5120
Rear Surrounds Paradigm Active 20s (late version 1)
Sub REL Strata II

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Mike
pedalmike7a67

Showing 1 response by chaskelljr2001

Mike:

Thumbs up. So far, your system looks great. No complaints here, that's for sure.

Now, as for your DVD/CD Player, you stated that you wanted SACD capability as well, right?? Well in this case, what budget are you REALLY working with?? Because so far, the only "affordable" DVD/CD Player that I know of is the Sony DVP-S9000ES ($1,500.00 MSRP), and I don't know if this is enough player to meet your needs or not. But, if I find anymore players to suggest to you, I'll let you know.

And now that you have most of your home theater in place, I am with "Snooker14" when I ask you THIS question. If you have a DVD Player in place and all, what I would like to know is what kind of display will you be using with your DVD Player (Direct-View?? Front Projector?? RPTV?? Wall Mount Plasma?? And what size will your display be)?? I see you don't have a display of any type listed in your system configuration listed above.

--Charles--