How to use 2 channel setup with 5.1 setup

Currently have following 2 channel equipment
Gallo 3.1 (pair)
Musical Fidelity A5 player
Muscial Fidelity A5 amp
Belkin Pure/AV conditioner

Moving system from larger to smaller room (10 x 18). Would like guidance on creating a 5.1 system using the Gallo's as the front pair, and running them for both 2-channel and 5.1 without having to switch wiring. Ready to purchase 5.1 equipment. AM considering a pre/pro. Budget $3,000 or less. Thank your for any assiatance.
stan1ollie
Might want to consider a Conrad Johnson Met150 multi channel hybrid tube pre-amp. Hook everything to it for one click switching to and from tuner to cd, dvd ect, and it will improve all your players sound.
They are a steal right now at $3k, originally 8k$. A timeless piece that will be there as players come and go. Liked mine so much I bought the matching amp.
Right now I'm considering getting the Gall A'Diva Ti's for the rears, with the same for the center. I was looking at a Gallo center but space is limited due to room size. I would drive the l and r from the A5 and the center and rears from an AVR or separate amp. Am still debating whether to go with the a pre/pro and amps or AVR. I was hoping to keep the Ht side under $3500 for the speakers, AVR or combo and a blu ray (considering OPPO 83). I may be moving into a larger space two to three years down the road with a dedicated HT space. The CJ sounds interesting. Does it handle the latest HT formats or will I need other equipment?
Stan1ollie,
The MET1 is a 5 channel Tube Linestage. It has multichannel imputs. If you had a Oppo 83, you would take the 5 channel analog outputs into the MET1 then to your amp. The processing would have to be done in the Oppo. The idea is to not have a processor but use the processor built into your player.