how to remove a woofer from b@w801n

I am from the Philadelphia area and would like to send my woofers to Miller Sound.  for renovation . in order to do it I  need to remove them from the cabinet . my question  is it hard shall I get a technician to do it or shall I do it myself thx in advance 

shdr

Showing 3 responses by elliottbnewcombjr

Not familiar with the connectors or if soldered connections.

IF you need to cut the wires, pick a spot that allows easy re-connect, and arm yourself with a connector set.

Bullets allow connect/disconnect, and are a good way to add some extra wire if some slack is needed.

here’s a bunch of them I used to rehab a crossover for my AR-2ax speakers

I bought this inexpensive wire stripper/crimper, better quality than the price indicates

wire stripper/crimper

ibmjunkman

make that 0.5 cent connector.

Have you ever looked at the innards of many highly respected speakers, vintage, the models that made those brands/models famous?

you will be shocked at the small gauge wires, no special insulation or special properties, .... I seriously doubt it was silver solder.

function, ability for an unskilled person, unlikely to have soldering tools or experience to remove/install a driver, just to ship it to someone for repair is paramount.

my AR-2ax sounded great. They didn’t have a problem, just ancient. I changed the Level Controls (known to be problematic), upgraded the crossover, used connect/disconnect bullets .... which allow for solving any problem, during that or future innards work, and

they sound great, better? Confidence, YES!