How to have great HT and 2-CH Stereo

I have a home theater system using a Rotel A/V RSX-972 receiver. The system works great in home theater but lacking in 2 channel audio CD quality. I'm thinking of introducing a pre/power amps (Plinius CD-LAD and SA-250) for my front L/R speakers. However, I don't know what is the best way to connect this together without having to plug and unplug cable everytime I switch from Home Theatre to audio CD listening. This is because there will be two pre amps (Rotel and plinius) in the system and plinius CD-LAD does not offer by-pass mode.

An alternative will be to upgrade to a high end A/V processor (thinking of proceed) but was told that even the most top-of-the-line 5 channel A/V precessor/preamp cannot match the sonic quality of a good 2 channel stereo preamp in 2 channel CD mode. Do you agree? Is anyone facing the same problem as I am? Please help comment.
patrick123

Showing 1 response by patrick123

I see a lot of good suggestion and thank everyone for the help. I was thinking about the same thing as what Khokugo was thinking by running the receiver in parallel with the pre-amp. When I watch movie, I will set the pre-amp to a pre-determined volume and just adjust the volume on the receiver when watching movie.

However, I'm wondering if this will damage the pre-amp if the receiver's "Pre-out" level that is going into the pre-amp is too high when volume on the receiver is turned up too high. Any comment?