How much does your system retail for?

$23,000 - $24,000 I estimate. (Two channel, this does not include TV, VCR, etc.)

Please, keep the exagerations to a minumum, do not count CD's, equipment you have bought and sold, is packed away that you don't use anymore, etc..

Put the total first so it shows up at the begining of your post.

This is just for fun and curiosity of the diversity on here, don't take it to seriously. Simply evaluate what the retail value of your system is.
brianmgrarcom
$8,020, thank god my girlfriend doesn't read this site. Of course with this site i've only spent about half of that.
Looking back, I have pretty much replaced EVERYTHING since my last post to this thread 3 1/2 years ago, when I thought I had already spent WAY too much money. I have since sold most of the old gear (thank you Audiogon). Fortunately during this time period my business did OK and my purchases were mostly out of cash-flow and at good prices thanks to Audiogon and relationships with various manufacturers. I was also able to pick up some good gear by being in the right place at the right time(I NEVER underestimate the value of TIMING!). My system has come a LONG way in the past 3 1/2 years.

With the arrival of a new DAC from Bulgaria sometime in the near future, my system will finally be pretty much set for a while. IS it worth what I paid(30-70% retail)? Absolutely - I have heard more expensive and less expensive systems that sounded very good, but to my ears, mine sounds better and makes me the happiest. That feeling, repeated every time I listen to my system, regardless of the musical genre, to me is PRICELESS. I now enjoy my gear every chance I get - lots more often than 3 1/2 years ago. As my system got better, I found myself listening to it a whole lot more often. (I doubt that I am alone in this...)

There will ALWAYS be something bigger, better, faster or shiney-er. It doesn't matter what you spend or don't spend - what matters is that what you have makes you happy. Life is too short to view this hobby any other way, IMO.