How many people here generally buy used?

Just curious. Most of my equipment I purchased new. My Firstwatt J2 was a demo that I swear was new. Outside of a DAC where latest tech may be desired, buying used (if a fair price) seems to be a great way to purchase something you normally would not be able to afford. Of course, condition, care of component etc needs to be taken into consideration

Thoughts?
aberyclark
My current system is a mix of new and used. My newest piece is a dac, bought 3 months ago. My oldest piece is a 25 year old tube preamp, bought used several years ago. Couldn't have afforded it if new. Bought amp, sub, and turntable used, speakers and CD transport new. My only Chinese built component is the dac.It is excellent,however it will  be my last new made in China component for obvious reasons(regime, not the people).The rest is mainly U.S. and U.K. 
    No hard fast rules on new or used., just what is best at time of purchase.

I have bought and sold quite a bit of used gear over the years. It has allowed me to put together what I think, is one hell of a high end system that if I were to walk in to a store I probably wouldn’t be able to afford new. It also allows you to try and rotate gear that you might not have considered and enjoy for a while. Like others, I don’t buy or sell anything beat up.
Just like buying a car, always buy used and let someone else deal with the depreciation off the lot. Finding an amazing deal is a big part of the shopping experience for me and part of the reason I enjoy this hobby so much. As someone who also likes to swap gear around (hold for a few components) every 6-10 months, not taking that huge hit of lost value makes it much more bearable.
I’ve built a BMW M3 cost system on a Toyota Yaris budget, talk about bang for your buck!
I buy Used, Demos, Blemished, B stock whenever I can. It's like cars.  I always buy last years models in December or January when they are desperate to get rid of them. When the Supremo Master Super model comes out, buy last year's Supremo Master at half price. It's just as good as it ever was.
Nearly always; let the other guy eat the depreciation. Same with vehicles. Only buy new when it’s not an expensive item; or if I just can’t find it used.