How loud is too loud

Hi. Im new to the world of audiophile and am hoping someone can help with a problem only nine months in to spending £3000  on my set up. I've got an audiolab 8200p power amp, audiolab 8300cd and monitor audio silver 8 speakers. After playing some fairly heavy house music at -10db I noticed a distinct lack in sound quality when I played music at a lower volume and now it sounds as if I've lost a whole frequency level. There is not distortion as such, it's just that music sounds quieter and less definition in the top end. I always run my system in before turning up the volume and never push it too hard for too long. Normal listening level is around -30db.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
tcapone
More listening today at normal listening levels. First album was Rene Marie-Vertigo, a calm vocal jazz album, played at low volume to warm the system - no apparent lack of sound quality. After 2 hours of playing at barely audible level I put on a techno album at an average listening level. It definitely sounded as if the tweeters were failing. There wasn't any distortion but they just sounded flat, weak and rubbish! Next challenge will be getting the shop I bought them from to agree !
There are frequency sweep apps available that may be helpful. Run the sweep via your phone, or computer, connected to your system. You will be able to hear the sweep frequency as it progresses from 20 db up to 20K db. Unfortunately, your hearing may drop off above 10K. If so, you might need a db meter to test for high frequencies. Or use a younger kid who still has good hearing.....
Post removed