How good is MSB Link III?

If I use it with a cheap Sony DVD player, will it be better than a good like SCD-1? Or how far it can improve the sound?
kitty

Showing 2 responses by joekras2785

Yes, it will be better on regular CD's. The MSB is very good despite it's reasonable price. Owned an MSB and a Sony 777.
I have a 777 and had the MSB II. I believe 777 is almost the same as SCD-1 except that it is balanced and cheaper. (correct me if i am wrong). I thought I answered the question. Also- MSB and DVD player should be much cheaper. MSB III $399. 24/96 DVD is like $300. (if you need to spend more get the EVS II DAC, under $1050, likely better than the MSB mods). SACD is very good, but on REDBOOK my MSB II and cheap Pioneer DVD was better "in most ways". MSB has a crisper clearer sound and images a good deal better. The Sony is better in bass and ultra smooth. I can only assume the newer MSB model is better yet. Curb your curiosity and spend less. As far as music is concerned I would choose the Sony SACD player(s) only if you really, really like the available SACD software.