How does one copy cassette tapes to computer?

I have a friend who wants to save his recordings he has on cassette to his computer. Are there any products out there that could do this, and how would one go about it? I would be interested in knowing the answer to this myself. I know there are products out there for transferring vinyl to the computer, but what about cassettes?
learsfool

Showing 2 responses by rodman99999

With this; you can input the casette deck's signal, via your computer's stereo mic input and a stereo 1/8" to dual RCA adapter. You can then save the files to a wide variety of formats, at various sample rates, of your choosing(ie: Hi-Rez MP3):(http://download.cnet.com/Mixcraft/3000-2170_4-10285311.html) There's a free sample download available.
Hello Al- Mixcraft can use the stereo 1/8" mic input and(if needed) levels can be adjusted by navigating the computer's 'Recording Devices', 'Microphone Properties' and 'Levels' windows(re: Windows Vista). I've got Mixcraft on my laptop(no Line-Ins), and often use it to record directly(Mic-In) from the AUX OUTs of the Mackie Onyx 32.4 on which I mix(weekly gig). I've saved a large number of audio casettes, going to the 1/8" mic input(mic level set at 85), then burned Audio CDs from the files. The program simulates a mixer console, and multi-channel digital audio recorder. It can work with an audio input card, with Line-Ins, as well. It won't, "arm" a mixer channel, unless something is plugged into an audio/mic input and speakers/headphones are connected(gotta have analog ins and outs).