How does a Transport effect sound?

hi guys,

Been wondering about this: How does a CD Transport effect sound?  Isn't it just reading the disc and sending the 1s and 0s to the DAC.  Shouldn't every transport sound the same?

Thanks! 
leemaze
Transports are NOT created equal due to differences in quality of the clocking, power supplies, and support circuitry.
-------> there are BIG differences in SQ amongst different transports

No argument here.  The thing that makes all transports equal is a good reclocker added to the transport.

The things that make the jitter different from all of these transports is differences in the oscillators, power supplies, power delivery, implementation and design.  It's the jitter that is different for these reasons.

Steve N.

Empirical Audio

audioengr, Steve,

First off waiting 3.5 years for speakers is ridiculous and I don’t believe you.

Secondly, I read what you just posted and that is still no excuse for ignoring customers emails, phone calls and all the while you took my money up front with no means of communications for months. When I was finally able to talk to you, you were very RUDE like you had no time to deal with the little people.

Again I was hoping you have overcome those issues and now provide better customer service than you did for me. But, it looks like you still won’t accept your previous poor customer service, in your mind the customer is at fault.

Anyhow, you know how I feel and I hope others who deal with you do so with some skepticism.

and lets get back to the OP questions.

Transports IMHO are advantages because they specialize in one thing, sort of like having separate components instead of using a intergraded unit. With separation comes better power supply, less jitter, better isolation etc.

leemaze,

Again sorry I high jacked your posting.

ozzy
Actually a neglected part of the audio chain between Syncromesh and DAC is the quality of cable you use. Firstly - always go for BNC. This is  unequivocally a superior connector, 

A friend brought around a Shunyata BNC 75 ohm BNC SIGMA. Now this is a very expensive BNC - $2500 USD.

I have to say that the syncro mesh performance has jumped up to a staggering level. The added dimension has a nuance that is hard to explain – truly off the charts. Goes to show how good your unit is. The SIGMA BNC brings additional detail and layers that I have seldom heard on any rig any price. I have a lessloss Cmark power cable (new Litz wire config) feeding a Sbooster which has a Furutech NCF riser EMF/dampening system supporting the SM. Feeder is an Argento Serenity Reference silver SPDIF cable. Youtube HD material rivals my NAGRA CD player now by a comfortable margin.

I haven't tried Steve's reference cable nor the Hynes Dynamo power supply. Not sure how it compares to the SBooster but I can say that the Shunyata shows how good this unit really is. 

Here is the lesson for me - often we look to upgrade equipment to the next level but unless you optimise the chain - you dont know what you really have in your hands. 
Firstly - always go for BNC. This is unequivocally a superior connector,

In comparison to what?

In theory at least,  bnc rca should be superior to rca but inferior to aes/ebu.