How do I switch from Wi-Fi to Ethernet cables?

My Bluesound Node currently receives Wi-Fi, but I'd like to switch to a direct link. I assume that would be with an ethernet cable from the modem to the Bluesound - with possibly a better switch between the two.

The problem is that my modem is in the basement and the Bluesound is on a different floor. There is not a clear path for running cable. 

Is there a piece of equipment or technology that I could help in this situation?

128x128imaninatural

Showing 1 response by osiris369

I can second the recommedation for using powerline ethernet adapters. I have one running from my modem to an adapter plugged into a wall socket. I have 5 streamers of various brands scattered about my house (including the garage) - each plugged into an adpater in a wall socket (even one plugged into a powerstrip). They all stream perfectly with no drops or lags in signal. 

Another poster mentioned TP Link. They are great and so are others. I've learned that you don't have to use the same brand. I use a mix of TP Link, Netgear and Tenda. 

Audiophile purists will likely say sumthin about noise from all the other things using electricity on your circuit. Maybe my ears are defective bcuz everyting sounds just fine to me.