How do I switch from Wi-Fi to Ethernet cables?

My Bluesound Node currently receives Wi-Fi, but I'd like to switch to a direct link. I assume that would be with an ethernet cable from the modem to the Bluesound - with possibly a better switch between the two.

The problem is that my modem is in the basement and the Bluesound is on a different floor. There is not a clear path for running cable. 

Is there a piece of equipment or technology that I could help in this situation?

128x128imaninatural

Showing 1 response by fredrik222

So many people commenting, so few facts and so little knowledge, really sad.

First, Wi-Fi is wireless Ethernet. So the medium changes. But the same protocol.

Second, properly designed Wi-Fi can support almost all applications, outside multi-gigabit transfers and systems they use. 

Third, Cat8 cables are made for 10G and above, and so far no consumer grade streamer supports those speeds.

Fourth, a fundamental concept of Ethernet is that as long there is stable connection, your data is transferred 100%. 

Fifth, streaming from Qobuz, Tidal, and others are actually not streaming, they are download at maximum available speed, and then that song is stored in a cache for future playback. This fact alone 100% invalidates any and all “Ethernet upgrades”.