How do I power my 800D(3)s

Hi folks

I am new to this, but trying to learn fast!

I have long been a fan of Bowers and Wilkins and I am lucky enough to buy a brand new pair of 800D(3)'s.  I have recently built a new house, so now have enough space for this very special purchase, which I plan to make in the next month or so.

I want to run a two channel system in our living room so it's a pretty simple layout.  Can anybody give me some advice, so that I get the best out of the speakers.  Will a Pre-Amp, and an Amp be enough with a Streamer?  Do I need two amps?  

Can you also advise on the best brands to look at.  I see that B&W tends to show the speakers off in thier demo's with Classe?  Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Matt
128x128matt_gf

Showing 2 responses by audiotroy

What a great position to be in, the new B&W are a formidable speaker.

The real question is why are you posting this question? Didn't the speakers come from a dealer? Are you seeking advice because you are not sure which brand or combination of components? Or are you seeking different choices from what the dealer was recommending.

It comes down to taste, and price. There are many good combinations which will work well, a famous pairing is the Electrocompaniet Nemo amplifiers or the smaller AW 400 which are very musical and were voiced with the 800's.

The issue with the B&W is the Diamond tweeter is very ruthless at revealing flaws, you are best with a slightly warmer amplifier, choice of dac and cables is also crucial.

I work part time for Audio Doctor in NJ, the owner Dave has 27 years experience in system matching, give him a call 877 428 2873
Any suitably well engineered product when setup correctly can sound fantastic. 

The setup and synergy of the system is what needs to be looked at.

The B&W are very fine speakers, and this gentleman needs some good advice.

The store I work at, we are blown away by the T+A electronics from Germany this stuff is unbelievable, I would urge you to find a place to hear the new HV series of electronics, this stuff is remarkable.